Think of summer as a time to catch up and reflect on your work. Reflection is important if you want to improve your own teaching practice. Look back over the past year to review how the year went, what happened, and what was learned. Use this information to predict what will happen with future projects.
Also, use this time before the school year starts to:
- Set up a meeting with some of your colleagues.
- Review evaluations and any feedback.
- Share a successful session.
- Share a session that was not as successful.
- Determine the variables that affected the success of the workshop.
- Write your reflections on how you will use this information to drive your practice in the coming year.
Submitted by:Barbara Bray