Tech & Learning is bringing their new regional Leadership Summits (opens in new tab) to Orlando on January 24, just before the FETC conference. School district administrators can register at no charge for this event here (opens in new tab).
The Orlando Tech & Learning Leadership Summit, part of a monthly series taking place in select regions around the country (opens in new tab), offers district leaders to gather in a relaxed setting in which they can talk candidly with their peers and industry leaders about developing effective district strategic plans.
Our MC for the day will be edtech luminary Carl Hooker (opens in new tab), who will bring his enthusiasm and passion for education to the Orlando Summit (opens in new tab) as he will facilitate fun and interactive conversations throughout the day to ensure attendees walk away with innovative ideas they can put into action.
The day will kick off with a keynote by Diane Doersch (opens in new tab), Technical Project Director at Digital Promise. Her presentation, “How to Develop a Diverse School Staff” will offer tactical guidelines that can support district efforts to diversify your staff.
Attendees will then have the opportunity to discuss a variety of topics in small group sessions, to share their challenges and success, and learn from their colleagues. Session topics include (opens in new tab):
- “Learning Loss” -- or “Learning Realignment?”: How are districts assessing and addressing learning loss -- and gains? And are these assessments delivering an accurate, unbiased picture of what students are learning? Attendees will share their experiences and perspectives.
- Data Privacy & Security: How do districts manage access to data in safe, efficient ways? Attendees share their policies and best practices.
- Career & College Readiness: How are schools preparing their students for jobs that might not yet exist? This session explores the importance of developing the soft skills needed for tomorrow’s workforce.
- Technology Management/Building Sustainable Classrooms: How are districts building a sustainable, equitable technology infrastructure? How are they ensuring all students are connected? Attendees discuss their plans for device management/refreshes, and building robust, scalable networks.
- Changing Pedagogy: How has the pandemic changed the ways schools teach and students learn? Attendees explore new approaches to innovative pedagogy.
- Rethinking Learning Spaces: In this session, attendees will discuss how they have created effective learning spaces and what technology they use to support these new spaces.
The event will culminate with a closing dinner at the Citrus Club (opens in new tab), where attendees can continue the conversations and grow their PLNs.
There is no charge for qualified district administrators to attend the Tech & Learning Orlando Summit, but space is limited, so register here (opens in new tab) to secure your spot at this event!
Can’t make it to Orlando? No problem! Tech & Learning will bring the Summits to other select regions throughout the year. What follows are the dates and locations of our upcoming Regional Leadership Summits:
- February 7, 2022: Dallas, TX(pre-TCEA) (opens in new tab)
- March 25, 2022: Georgia (opens in new tab)
- April 22, 2022: California (opens in new tab)
- June 25, 2022: New Orleans (pre-ISTE) (opens in new tab)
Visit our event website (opens in new tab) for the latest Tech & Learning event offerings, and sign up for our weekly newsletter here (opens in new tab) to stay up-to-date on the latest K-20 news and advice to support your ongoing professional development.