Week of: February 25, 2008
- Rural OK District Uses Up-To-Date Technology
The schools in the small and relatively poor town of Howe, OK use up-to-date technology to connect their 450 students with the world.
- Cyber School Models Continue To Expand
In its first year of operation, the Georgia Virtual Academy (GVA) has enrolled 2,650 K-8 pupils from throughout the state.
- Irving To Investigate Smaller, Cheaper Laptops
The Irving Independent School District is thinking about switching to the use of smaller, PDA-like laptops for its high school one-to-one initiative.
- Career Tech Expands Student Options
Traditional vocational education courses like carpentry and auto mechanics have been replaced by computer and industrial design courses.
- Harvard Moves Toward Open Access Publishing
Harvard University's arts and sciences faculty recently adopted a policy that will see faculty publishing their scholarly research articles online for free.