Ericom Software provider of application access and desktop virtualization solutions, today announced that Watson Institute has installed Ericom PowerTerm WebConnect. A century-old educational organization serving children and youth with special needs in grades K through 12, Watson is using PowerTerm WebConnect as its IT platform for providing remote, managed access to Windows desktops and applications, and to facilitate its BYOD initiatives.
The majority of Watson’s staff often requires secure access on any device to hosted Windows desktops after hours and/or off site.
Ryan Young, Watson’s Information Services Manager, explained, “We sought a simple, easy-to-deploy solution that would allow our training staff and consultants to easily connect to their published Windows 7 desktops, from Androids, iPhones and iPads.” Young added, “Ericom PowerTerm WebConnect turned out to be a great fit, based on its cost-effectiveness and solution-reliability, and also for the Ericom support staff’s quick responsiveness to technical issues.”
With built-in acceleration and high performance native mobile and HTML5-based RDP remote desktop clients, PowerTerm WebConnect enables Watson Institute staff to access their full Windows 7 desktops running Watson’s system and software, and other hosted Windows and Web resources from virtually any device, location and time.
Ericom PowerTerm WebConnect
- Enables IT staff to publish Windows applications and desktops to user devices that support Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, iPads / iPhones, Android devices, Chromebooks, most HTML5 browsers, and locked down workstations
- Provides the same look and feel on all supported device types to reduce training and help desk costs.
- Does not require any infrastructure for deployment, upgrades or patches
- Includes Ericom’s RDP compression and acceleration technology
- Comes with Ericom SSL Secure Gateway (no SSL VPN deployment needed)
- Works with existing SSL VPNs