You can help your teachers write grant proposals for an effective professional development program. PD grants usually require the following components:
- Compile data about the teachersâ€™ skills, use of technology, and current teaching practice.
- Read the proposal guidelines for professional development very clearly.
- Make sure your proposal meets what the guidelines are asking for and that the professional development goals support student goals.
- Design goals, objectives and benchmarks for professional development.
- Develop a timeline for each benchmark (activity) including who is responsible, and when each activity is to be implemented.
- Consider how you will evaluate and monitor each benchmark and modify the program if objectives are not met.
- Determine which resources will be needed and develop a budget for each resource.
- Write the abstract as a summary last.
Search for available grants at these sites:
Submitted by:Barbara Bray
Image from:My eCoach eLibrary