You can create or collect Tips for teachers to put on your school or district web site, share at faculty or department meetings, or as a FYI in teacher's boxes. These Tips can be on any subject that teachers find useful: classroom management, lesson planning, parent conferences, etc.
- Choose someone to be responsible for collecting the tips.
- Keep paper and a pen next to a box in the faculty room so teachers can write a tip whenever they think of one and drop it in the box.
- Encourage teachers to write tips for each other by providing some type of incentive for the most original tip for the month.
- Ask teachers to try to include humor, quotes, and anecdotal stories with some of the tips.
- Create a website just for the tips, stories, etc. and include a form so teachers can submit tips online.
- Compile all the tips at the end of the month and archive them on the website.
Here's one tip for you: People remember short, concise pieces of information better than long ones.
Submitted by:Barbara Bray