Truenorthlogic recently conducted a teacher and leader survey to better understand “personalized professional learning” (PPL) in K-12 education. They found that 60% of teachers nationwide:
● Have created a professional learning plan.
● Agree that their district fosters a PPLE.
● Believe that data-driven PPL is vital to educator effectiveness.
● Feel that their work is often or always assessed fairly in the formal evaluation process.
Those who have not created a professional learning plan cited the following obstacles:
● Lack of time or needing to use time more wisely
● Lack of trust in the formal evaluation process
● Poor support for best practices