- A Guide to Google Books for Students & Teachers - Best of 2015-16 School Yeartags:googlebooksresearchguide
- Editorial: Test data should be used in teacher evaluations - The Boston GlobeWondering what the Globe's Agenda is here.
- Some Companies Are Banning Email and Getting More DoneCould we do this internally? I feeli like we could promote more face-to-face interaction by scaling back on e-mails/ tags:companiesemail
- US Connected Educator of the Week | My Town TutorsGreat interviews with top #Massachusetts #educators! @patrickmlarkin @PeterHReynolds @WorldLillie https://t.co/GAnshafxcu #edchattags:Massachusettseducatorsedchat
- A Good Place to Find OneNote Tutorialstags:OneNotehowto
- Why Apps Should Replace Textbooks In Your ClassroomFrom Terry Heick - "Over the last couple of years, the news that both Apple and Amazon were entering or otherwise updating their participation in the textbook market is both underwhelming (we really should be way past seeing next textbook forms as innovation) and important (there’s a bigger picture, as always)."tags:appstextbooksclassroombeyondthetextbook
- Why Good Professional Development Is Crucially Linked to an Educator’s Attitude | EdSurge NewsFrom EdSurge - Many people think they know exactly what “professional development” is. But do they, really?tags:ProfessionalDevelopmentprofessionallearningattitudemindset
- How 5 Lost Minutes Altered Our Class CultureGood reminder about scheduling and classroom culture - " This school year, we added five minutes to each of our content area classes, causing a negative ripple effect in our cultivation of classroom community. It turns out, five minutes is a lot more valuable than it seems."tags:classculturetimescheduling
- What We’re Missing In Measuring Who’s Ready For CollegeBefore we can implement policies designed to shepherd more of this country’s residents toward a college degree, we must actually know what makes a student college-ready. But what if our definitions of college readiness are incomplete, or worse, painting an unreasonably dour picture of how prepared U.S. students are for the rigors of college? tags:collegecollegereadiness
- Economic Impact of Suspending 10th Graders: $35 Billion, Study Says - Market Brieftags:suspensionsschooldiscipline
- Ed tech purchasing decisions - Daniel Willinghamtags:edtechpurchasing
- Justin Hufft on Twitter: "@603SportsMedia Brown has problematic parental influences and suspect bloodlines"Only on his mother's side ... https://t.co/EiIjrw2DH9
cross-posted at www.patrickmlarkin.com
Patrick Larkin is the Assistant Superintendent for Learning of Burlington Public Schools in Burlington, MA and the former principal of Burlington High. He blogs about education at www.patrickmlarkin.com.