- 30 Things About Life Everyone Should Learn Before Turning 30 | Inc.comHere is a great blog challenge...take one "life lesson" from this article and blog about it: https://t.co/gWYLvNqydF Working on mine now.
- Infants show racial bias toward members of own ethnicity, against those of others: Racial bias begins earlier than previously thought, new insights into cause -- ScienceDailyThe results show that race-based bias already exists around the second half of a child's first year. This challenges the popular view that race-based bias first emerges only during the preschool years." tags: biasethnicityresearch
- Did KIPP game the U.S. News And World Report rankings?There are a lot of ways to measure the quality of a high school. The way that U.S. News does it is as follows: 75% of the score is the percent of 12th graders who get at least a 3 on at least one AP test. 25% of the score is the percent of 12th graders who took at least one AP test. They call this weighted average the ‘College Ready Index.’ By including the participation rate, a school can’t inflate their scores by only allowing students to take the AP who are most likely to pass. tags: highschoolrankingsusnewsandworldreport
- OER-Enabled PedagogyFrom David Wiley tags: OER
- Johann Hari: Everything you think you know about addiction is wrongThe connection between addiction and isolation tags: addictionisolation
- 6 Tips to Make Your Email Newsletter Visually AppealingA well-executed newsletter is a powerful email tool with multiple benefits, which is why it’s crucial to ensure your newsletter design is visually appealing. If it looks good, readers are more likely to click. tags: emailnewsletter
- 7 Twitter Accounts That Will Make You a Better Social Media Marketer tags: socialmediamarketing
- Redesigning District-Wide Special Education ServicesFrom Meriden CT - "A multipronged approach to improving services for students with special needs." tags: specialeducationservicesbestpractice
- Using No-Agenda Meetings Effectively tags: meetingsnormscommunication
- Innovating Through District-Union Collaboration | tags: collaborationdistrictunion
- Boston Basics Parenting Skills May Close Achievement Gap - The Atlantic tags: parentingskillsachievementgap
- Ms. Desberg on Twitter: "Let's bring the faculty book club discussion group back to Wilmington! And btw - this book is next up on my reading list! https://t.co/MXJ0qQnDdm"Let's bring the faculty book club discussion group back to Wilmington! And btw - this book is next up on my readin… https://t.co/eOOaPYJaDj
- It Is Time to Move Away from the Idea of “Tech Leads”? – The Principal of ChangeGood thoughts from George Couros on moving from tech leads to innovative teaching and learning leads. tags: innovationtechintegration
cross-posted at www.patrickmlarkin.com
Patrick Larkin is the Assistant Superintendent for Learning of Burlington Public Schools in Burlington, MA and the former principal of Burlington High. He blogs about education at www.patrickmlarkin.com.