There are a ton of resources for educators and students around the web, but it would be very time consuming wading through the offerings to find what suits you. So I've created a list of my picks for best educational resources. However, that doesn't mean there aren't others also qualified to be listed. I'd love to hear feedback on which sites you feel have educational value so that we can create an even better repository of websites!
- Thinkfinity - One of the most popular educational resource sites on the web. Created by Verizon Foundation with 1000s of lesson plans, interactive tools, etc.
- Teachers.net - A wonderful site with lesson plans created by teachers for teachers. A ton of classroom projects in all subjects and grade levels can be found here too.
- Edhelper - A great collection of educational resources on all subject areas. This is a paid service for a low cost which can be purchased in teacher packs of five as well.
- Shmoop (opens in new tab) - One of my favorite sites for education. A very fun and friendly site with a variety of resources such as links, lesson plans, guides, etc.
- teAchnology - 1000s of lesson plans can be found here as well as other resources on holidays, events, etc.
- Super Teacher Worksheets - A massive list of free printable worksheets for teachers on a number of subject areas.
- Educational World - A great site with lesson plans and other materials for teachers.
- TeachAde - A social network designed for educators with lots of free educational materials and a beautiful user interface.
- Cybraryman - An excellent site with multiple links and resources for educators and students.
- FREE - Free Resources for Educational Excellence. This site has it all -- lessons, videos, documents and more.
David Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about his work, contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com