Technology provides teachers with a great way to provide evidence with artifacts of their effective practice. Across the country this has been a priority for schools that are incorporating a teacher evaluation based on the Danielson Framework. The model contains various components organized into the following four domains.
This is part of a four-part series where I'll share some simple ideas for integrating technology into each component followed by a presentation you can share with colleagues. Below are ideas for technology integration within Domain 3.
3a Communicating With Students
• Expectations for learning • Directions and procedures • Explanations of content • Use of oral and written language QR Codes
http://goo.gl/ (Note: select "details") 3b Using Questioning and Discussion Techniques
• Quality of questions • Discussion techniques • Student participation Today's Meet
http://www.chatzy.com/ 3c Engaging Students in Learning
• Activities and assignments • Student groups • Instructional materials and resources • Structure and pacing Twitter for authentic connections www.Twitter.com3d Using Assessment in Instruction
• Assessment criteria • Monitoring of student learning • Feedback to students • Student self-assessment and monitoring Poll Everywhere
http://cel.ly/ 3e Demonstrating Flexibility and Responsiveness
• Lesson adjustment • Response to students • Persistence Assistive Tech http://theinnovativeeducator.blogspot.com/2011/07/free-assistive-technology-tools-to-make.html
Lisa Nielsen writes for and speaks to audiences across the globe about learning innovatively and is frequently covered by local and national media for her views on “Passion (not data) Driven Learning,” "Thinking Outside the Ban" to harness the power of technology for learning, and using the power of social media to provide a voice to educators and students. Ms. Nielsen has worked for more than a decade in various capacities to support learning in real and innovative ways that will prepare students for success. In addition to her award-winning blog, The Innovative Educator, Ms. Nielsen’s writing is featured in places such as Huffington Post, Tech & Learning, ISTE Connects, ASCD Wholechild, MindShift, Leading & Learning, The Unplugged Mom, and is the author the book Teaching Generation Text.
Disclaimer: The information shared here is strictly that of the author and does not reflect the opinions or endorsement of her employer.