Starting very soon is a 5 week online course called Crafting the perfect eTextbook. I’m slightly biased, because I’m involved in it, but it is shaping up to be really great.
The Google Plus community is beginnning to feel very vibrant and exciting!The syllabus consists of, in brief:
- Creative commons licensing
- digital literacy
- visual design, layout and logistics
- mapping out the first chapter
- Assistive technology and design that engages and supports students
- creating an ebook cover
- publishing the projects, and reflections
To sign up for free, go to Crafting the perfect eTextbook.
The driving force behind the course is the indefatigable Shelly Terrell, together with some excellent educationalists with various experiences of ebook creation. The last time I checked, around 200 people had signed up, so it should be good!
I hope to see you in the course!
Update on Friday, January 10, 2014 at 12:58PM by Terry Freedman, Educational ICT Consultant
If you like the idea of joining the course, here's what to do:
- Go to the link given, ie http://gplus.to/eTextbookEVO
- You'll need to join Google+ before you can do much else
- Click on the link to Community Guidelines and Navigation. That explains what to do next. Basically, it asks you to post some information about yourself and what to do in each week.
- You will also see on the right-hand side a link to the syllabus, and a link to the Listly bookmarks.
cross-posted on www.ictineducation.org
Terry Freedman is an independent educational ICT consultant with over 35 years of experience in education. He publishes the ICT in Education website and the newsletter “Digital Education."