- The Tree Octopus is a fake site you can use with learners to get them to evaluate what looks credible. I have students write down 3 facts then Google these facts for more resources. They soon discover the information is bogus.
- Here’s a lesson plan for the Tree Octopus
- List of fake sites and spoofs
- Dog Island Free Forever spoof site recommended by JoAnn Jacobs
- Digital Literacies Venn Diagram
- Crap Detection 101 by Howard Rheingold
- Crap Detection Video by Howard Rheingold
- Several digital Literacies resources
- Digital Literacies posts by Nicky Hockly
- Free Digital Literacy Lesson Plans from Google
- Digital Literacy Curriculum from Microsoft
cross posted at teacherrebootcamp.com
Shelly Terrell is an education consultant, technology trainer, and author. Read more at teacherrebootcamp.com.