There are tons of apps, websites and tools to help students acquire new vocabulary words. With these resources you can help students learn and practice new words through games and traditional study routines. Click on each post to read more about using these tools with students of all ages across the content areas!
- Word Clouds for Predictions (examine new words in an article)
- Math Vocabulary Cards (flashcards with models)
- Vocabulary with World’s Worst Pet (new words through storytelling)
- Vocabulary Notebook (study tool)
- Interactive Science Glossary for iPads (domain specific words)
- gFlash+ to Build Study Skills (customizable flashcards)
- Membean for Vocabulary (web-based tool)
- Futaba to Teach Vocabulary (multi-player app)
- Just 2 Words (puzzle game)
- MindSnacks: Kids Vocab (learning tool)
Bonus: Frolyc (create vocabulary lessons to share with students)
Check out these two app lists:
cross posted at classtechtips.com
Monica Burns is a fifth grade teacher in a 1:1 iPad classroom. Visit her website at classtechtips.com for creative education technology tips and technology lesson plans aligned to the Common Core Standards.