As a parent of four young kids, I often find myself wondering what I'm going to do with them for the summer when they get out of school. When thinking about this and looking over many options, I noticed lots of Ed Tech companies have started to offer online summer programs/camps. This is a fantastic way (and often inexpensive) for students to spend time in the summer and help prevent summer learning loss. Here, then, are 9 excellent educational programs that students can take online. This list is in alphabetical order.
** Not offered online
- Connections Learning - A nice collection of technology related online courses for Math and reading grades K-8.
- Electric Company - The Electric Company from PBS is offering a six-week multimedia summer learning program that will focus on vocabulary and core math concepts.
- EverFi - Called Vernao, EverFi will be launching this summer digital learning camps to help students in all areas of math, literacy, STEM, and more.
- K12 - Offers a wide variety of online courses for HS students as well as foreign languages.
- SpellingCity - A great program for grades 1-12 that focuses on vocabulary, writing, and spelling using game-based learning.
- TenMarks - A excellent online program for all areas of Common Core Math through engaging videos/instructions with real-time interventions.
- Time4Learning - A fantastic online curriculum for PreSchool through 12th grade that can be used for summer learning in a wide variety of subjects.
- **Tynker - Based on the popular iPad app, Tynker offers one week long summer camps help students grades 3-8 learn how to program/code.
- **Voyager Learning - Great resources/programs for K-12 students looking for summer learning help.
David Kapuler is an educational consultant with more than 10 years of experience working in the K-12 environment. For more information about his work, contact him at email@example.com and read his blog at cyber-kap.blogspot.com