Skip to main content
Use Humor to Inspire Learning
- I like the humorous writing prompts at WriteAbout.
- Fun comic creation tools- Makebeliefscomix (web & iOS app), Toondoo (web), or the Comicshead.com iOS/Android app.
- Students can retell a past event, recreate a conversation between characters, share jokes, or animate an interview with Goanimate, ZimmerTwins, or apps like BuddyPoke 3D avatar or Sock Puppets.
- Students can make their own drawings or images or historical figures talk using tools like Voki, Blabberize, YakIt Kids, Chatterpix Kids, and Tellagami.
- Find more ideas on integrating jokes in this article I wrote for ESL Library, Let’s Laugh! Activities for Inspiring Laughter in Your Classroom.