5 Tips for a Successful 1:1 Implementation
6/25/2013 7:55:00 PM
Common Sense Media has released a guide that offers a good soup-to-nuts planning
program that includes resources for all phases of a 1:1 implementation. Here are highlights:
1. Take your time. Take the time to envision your ideal program and how it
resonates with your school’s mission and goals. Engage teachers early on in
conversations that gauge their readiness and address their fears.
2. Identify pioneers. Identify your teacher pioneers who will be capable of taking
the lead and modeling great practices in their classrooms. They will help bring
along teachers who need inspiration or support.
3. Partner with parents. Spend time thinking about how you will communicate
with families and make sure you create the channels you will need to keep them
informed and engaged.
4. Find great apps. Find the best apps to use in the classroom and spend time
creating meaningful classroom activities and assessments that leverage those apps.
5. Take your time. Adequate professional development workshop time is key, as
well as taking the time to teach students about online safety and digital citizenship.
Want to read more stories like this?
comments powered by