ISTE will recognize the
leaders who will be honored
at the event. Winners include:
• Outstanding Leader Award: Chris Lehmann, founding
principal of the Science Leadership Academy. This honor, which
goes to a leader outside of the classroom, recognizes outstanding
achievement and leadership in implementing technology to
• Outstanding Teacher Award: English teacher and
author of “The Nerdy Teacher” blog, Nicholas Provenzano.
• Public Policy Advocate Award: Kurt Kiefer, assistant
state superintendent at the Wisconsin Department of Public
Instruction. This award recognizes an outstanding and enthusiastic
individual for advocating for education technology policy.
• Outstanding Young Educator Award: Krista Moroder,
K-12 technology integrator at the Kettle Moraine School District in
Wales, Wisconsin. This award honors a teacher under the age of
35. Moroder is recognized for demonstrating vision, innovation,
action and using technology to improve learning and teaching.