Today, Alliance for Excellent Education President Bob Wise announced that more than 2,000 school district leaders, representing 16 million students, have taken the Future Ready District Pledge to personalize learning for students using effective digital learning strategies. Additionally, Wise said seventeen states have committed to developing a statewide program to support school district leaders in using Future Ready Schools resources, including an interactive planning dashboard, for this digital transformation. Wise made the announcement at a White House event featuring the release of the National Education Technology Plan.
Launched in late 2014, Future Ready Schools is an Alliance for Excellent Education project that features more than fifty partners, including the U.S. Department of Education. Coming on the heels of thirteen summits attended by more than 430 school district teams, representing 4.9 million students, Wise said that the Alliance would host more national summits in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Education in Austin, Boston, Madison, southern Florida, and Seattle in 2016.
Future Ready Schools worked with national experts and school district leaders to develop a robust set of ongoing professional learning opportunities that Wise announced today at the White House, including
- refined Future Ready Schools framework, gears, and resources;
- national summits cohosted with the U.S. Department of Education through 2016;
- Future Ready Schools interactive planning dashboard and training workshops;
- a one-stop shop (the Digital Learning Hub) for all Future Ready Schools activities and resources;
- extension programs and powerful partnerships;
- Future Ready Schools state leadership program; and
- Future Ready Schools conference connections.
Wise also unveiled the splash page of a brand-new website at www.futureready.org. The website also includes the “Hub,” a one-stop shop for school district leaders filled with webinars, interactive chats, expert talks, resources, and other professional development and mentoring opportunities.