HP Inc. today unveiled new PCs and software solutions designed for education. The new solutions and programs include:
· HP Education Edition notebooks
· HP School Pack Software 2.0
· HP Sprout Pro by HP
· HP and Microsoft’s Reinvent the Classroom Program
HP Education Edition Notebooks features include:
· Battery life designed for the classroom
· Premium wireless for cloud-based LMS, assessments and online curricula
· Rugged construction to survive the classroom
· Tools for active, educational use to enable teaching and learning out of the box
The HP ProBook 11 G2 Education Edition notebook is constructed using industrial co-molded rubber to protect against the rigors of the classroom and has up to 18 hours of battery life. The HP ProBook 11 EE is powered by Windows 10 and offers up to Intel® Core™ performance with an optional touchscreen.
The HP Pro 310 x360 Convertible PC Education Edition with Windows 10 is blended learning ready with a rotational hinge allowing for four modes to suit any learning style: stand, tent, notebook and tablet. The Pro 310 x360 features an Intel® Celeron® or Pentium® processor, and solid state storage up to 256 GB.
HP School Pack 2.0 is a solution of digital tools and content exclusively for Windows devices designed for collaborative, standards-aligned, and personalized learning. It is anchored by HP Classroom Manager Student Edition that allows teachers to manage classroom PCs and communicate with students.
New to HP School Pack is HP Touchpoint Manager for Education, a cloud-based app for schools with minimal IT resources to manage and secure data, devices and users.
All HP Education Edition tablets and notebooks include or offer premium 2x2 AC WLAN, HP School Pack 2.0 and one year of HP Touchpoint Manager for Education.
HP and Microsoft also unveiled a joint program called Reinvent the Classroom, a worldwide effort to inspire instructional innovation and next-generation learning experiences, powered by Windows 10 and HP solutions. Reinvent the Classroom will place Learning Studios in more than 60 school locations across the world to support advanced blended learning, international collaboration and the maker movement in education.
HP Life e-Learning 2.0
HP also launched HP LIFE e-Learning 2.0, a new social knowledge sharing version of the free, online HP learning initiative for entrepreneurs used by more than 580,000 learners in over 200 countries and territories. Learners and educators may sign up and learn more at www.life-global.org.
Pricing and Availability
· The HP ProBook 11 G2 Education Edition is expected to be available in February starting at $359.
· The HP Pro 310 x360 Convertible PC Education Edition is expected to be available in March starting at $449.