PBS and PBS LearningMedia recently announced ELECTION CENTRAL, an online destination of election-related resources and content with age-appropriate information to teach K-12 students about the political process.
ELECTION CENTRAL hosts an interactive map of the United States, allowing educators to talk through various aspects of the political process with students. The map also displays important historical facts about the candidates, laws and process.
Content in ELECTION CENTRAL will be refreshed on a weekly basis and when timely events occur, for example, after debates or after primary elections. Features include:
- Tracking the campaign trail of candidates, including current and previous candidates
- Fun facts – general and state-specific
- The history behind the vote
- An explanation of the nominating process
- Candidate views on key issues
- Election-specific news stories curated from PBS NEWSHOUR
- Build your ideal presidential candidate interactive
- Access to hundreds of related resources through PBS LearningMedia
Visit pbseduelectioncentral.com/interactive-map to explore the interactive map.