Canon U.S.A., Inc (opens in new tab). has introduced the LV-8235 Ultra-Short Throw (UST) Multimedia Projector. Capable of projecting an 80-inch picture from a distance of 1.04 ft., the LV-8235 UST can sit on a table or be mounted horizontally or vertically on a wall, ceiling or floor for a variety of 3D or 2D display applications, including educational presentations, advertising/digital signage, or museum/arcade rear-projection screens. With a high brightness rating of 2500 lumens and a maximum display size of 110 inches, the LV-8235 UST offers the WXGA (1280 x 800) resolution 16:10 aspect ratio, which eliminates cropping or distortion when presenting HD video or graphics created on widescreen laptops.
The Canon LV-8235 UST Multimedia Projector can be used for either normal 2D display or stereoscopic 3D display.
Other features include:
- Computer Synchronization – automatically synchronizes the projector with the computer’s screen resolution
- Direct Power-On – automatically turns on the projector when the power cord is plugged into an outlet
- 2000:1 Contrast Ratio –this feature ensures images with crisp blacks, depth and dimension
- HDMI Digital Input – project high-quality digital images and 1080p HD video from digital cable and satellite boxes, and a variety of HD inputs
- Built-In 10-Watt Speaker – audio amplification needed for most classrooms and conference rooms
- RJ-45 Network Connection – allows users to manage and control multiple projectors from a network PC
- RS-232C Serial Connection – enables users to control the projector locally through a third-party control system
- Quiet Operation – 28dBA (in Eco mode)
The Canon LV-8235 UST Multimedia Projector has a suggested list price of $1799 and is currently available.