M86 Security today announced version 4.2 of its M86 Web Filtering and Reporting (WFR) Suite. This version includes several enhancements, including: additional user identification and activity monitoring for all tablet devices, reporting improvements, customizable time limits for user access, and convenient access to future limited availability releases of the product.
Key enhancements include:
- Tablet User Identification and Activity Monitoring
- Schools and other organizations that have tablets running on Android or iOS operating systems will be able to filter on-premises activities by a user’s LDAP profile. This enables organizations to know who is using the tablet, rather than a generic IP address.
- Customized Time Settings in Web-based Authentication
- Custom time limits for Web access can be assigned by user group or IP group, rather than just setting one universal time for all users. This enables schools and other organizations to be more flexible about when and for how long various users can access the Web.
- Increased On-box Reporting Functionality