ASCD announces the release of a new PD In Focus® channel for educators, titled “School Culture and Climate: Addressing Bullying.” The PD In Focus online application is web-based professional development tool with videos, related resources, activities, and insight from some of the most important voices in education today.
In addition to the new PD In Focus channel, ASCD also provides a variety of resources on bullying, including
- A PD Online® professional development course Bullying: Taking Charge, 2nd Edition, which features video examples, in-depth readings, and problem-solving scenarios.
- Special Edition Policy Priorities newsletter on cyberbullying curriculum and prevention resources.
- How to Stop Bullying edition of ASCD Express that discusses bullying, how it affects students, and advice on how to prevent harassment and create a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Experts from organizations like the National School Climate Center and the U.S. Department of Education share blog posts and other resources that address bullying in the classroom on the Whole Child Blog. ASCD’s website also provides a list of school climate resources under the “Research a Topic” section.
- The September 2011 issue of Educational Leadership, “Promoting Respectful Schools,” features articles on bullying, school climate, and preventing hate language.
For more information, visit www.ascd.org.