Follett Software Company today announced the unveiling of Destiny 9.5 with new capabilities based on requests from existing customers, including improved reporting to help K-12 school districts better demonstrate collection and inventory usage and value.
The enhanced reporting includes a new “Reports” tab, a reorganized list, favorites tags and more, implemented across all Destiny products to make it easier to find, identify, organize and run reports.
Destiny Library Manager features the debut of MyQuest book club, which expands collaboration and communication beyond the classroom while encouraging discussion about books. Similar to social networking sites, MyQuest book club requires logins and passwords, and allows students to invite or remove friends at their school or from their district.
In addition, Destiny Library Manager and Destiny Quest, Destiny Media Manager and Enriched Content Enhancements include:
• Improved eBook management
• Enhanced and expanded searching in Destiny Quest, including Advanced and Visual Search
• Cataloging enhancements supporting additional district functionality and support of new MARC21 standards
• Circulation improvements, including expanded fine maintenance and accountability
• Searching enhancements
• Improvements in centralized patron management
• Better statistics reporting: new for Standards, improved for WebPath Express
For Destiny Textbook Manager, the new release will improve accountability through district textbook reports to help determine which locations may be losing books, and assess the value of books.
For Destiny Asset Manager, the new release allows districts to limit the ability to approve asset items for disposal. A new “ready for disposal” status item has been added, and only approved users will be allowed to OK or decline the request.
A series of webinars for “What’s New in Destiny 9.5.” will be online at the following times:
- Library Manager - 12:30 p.m. EST on Tuesday, Dec. 15, and 3:30 p.m. EST on Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2010.
- Textbook Manager and Asset Manager - 12:30 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 17, and 3:30 p.m. EST on Thursday, Jan. 21, 2010.
For more information visit www.FollettSoftware.com.