At iCon, Skyward honored the recipients of the Leader in Excellence Award, a new annual program that recognizes K-12 districts and individuals using Skyward to improve education and inspire new ideas and initiatives.
- John Reiels, director of technology at Nicolet High School in Glendale, Wis.
- Dr. R.J. Gravel, director of instructional technology at Johnsburg School District 12 in Johnsburg, Ill.
- Charles Mikeska, assistant superintendent at West Independent School Districts in West, Tex.
- Deerfield Public School District 109, Ill.
- Grapevine- Colleyville Independent School District, Tex.
In addition to honoring this year’s Leaders in Excellence, Skyward revealed a new framework to the mobile app, which will launch in June. The recreation of the app aims to reduce page loads, increase data capacity, and provide better browse functionality.
The company also announced the launch of the Professional Development Center (PDC), an online university. View the recap here.