National Robotics Week, which takes place April 4-12, 2015, is calling for event submissions from robot-enthusiasts across all 50 United States.
To identify regional events or to list an event visit: http://nationalroboticsweek.org/events.php.
A sample of events coinciding with the 2015 National Robotics Week includes:
- International RoboGames, San Mateo Event Center, San Mateo, CA (April 4 and 5) – RoboGames features robotics teams from around the world competing in more than 50 events, including combat robots, fire-fighters, LEGO bots, hockey bots, walking humanoids, soccer bots and even sumo bots. Some robots are autonomous, some are remote controlled - but they're all cool! As an open event, anyone can compete. April 4: noon-8:00pm PT; April 5: noon-1:00pm PT
- Silicon Valley Robot Block Party, Palo Alto, CA (April 8) – Hosted by Silicon Valley Robotics, see the most advanced robotics research in Silicon Valley, the hottest robot startups and the coolest robot companies. April 8: noon-4:00pm PT
- Georgia Tech Robotics Open House, Institute for Robotics and Intelligent Machines (IRIM) at Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA (April 8) - Georgia Tech's IRIM will host an open house featuring demos of robots and tours of labs on campus. This exciting event is open to all middle school and high school students. April 8: 9:00am – 3:00pm ET
- Rhode Island Robot Block Party, Pizzitola Center at Brown University, Providence, RI (April 11) –See how robots are used in research, manufacturing, healthcare and education in Rhode Island. The Rhode Island Robot Block Party is a project of Rhode Island Students of the Future, a non-profit organization that promotes youth robotics, and the Humanity Centered Robotics Initiative at Brown University. April 11: free admission; noon – 4:00pm ET
- Robot Zoo, Cambridge, MA (April 18) – Perfect for families and robot enthusiasts of all ages, this action-packed event explores amazing robotics technology through live demonstrations and interactive activities from organizations throughout Massachusetts, the United States, and the World. iRobot will showcase several of its home and defense and security robots, which attendees can try firsthand. April 18: noon-4:00pm ET
For more information about National Robotics Week, go to: http://www.nationalroboticsweek.org/.