McGraw-Hill Education today launched a new computer adaptive test (CAT) for Acuity®, a K-12 interim assessment solution available in Math and English Language Arts. The new adaptive methodology, called ShadowCAT™, uses a shadow-test algorithm to ensure that all test requirements are met while maximizing the information obtained from each test taker to provide a valid, precise score for every student.
During an adaptive testing experience in Acuity, the ShadowCAT algorithm:
· Creates a complete test form after each response to a question.
· Presents a student with the next, single optimal test question selected from the form (the remainder of the form is not seen by the student, hence the name shadow test).
· Creates a new complete test as soon as the student answers the optimal question
· Repeats this process until all test requirements have been fulfilled.
· Avoids selecting test questions that lead to future violations of any test requirement.
For more information about the Acuity College and Career Readiness adaptive assessment solution for Grades 3-8, visit: www.acuityccr.com.