Promethean announces the winners of The 2015 Cann Awards, which celebrate exceptional teachers and their contributions to society. The five 2015 award recipients were recognized at the inaugural Outstanding Educators Luncheon on June 29 in Philadelphia, Pa.
The five winning teachers for the 2015 cycle of The Cann Awards are:
- Mr. Pierre Gamache, secondary school music teacher, Canada
- Mr. Cedric Lenox, middle and high school social studies teacher, United States
- Mr. Cyril Michau, mathematics teacher and technology trainer, France
- Ms. Irma Muñoz, secondary school science and mathematics teacher, Mexico
- Ms. Cecilia Stanton, high school Spanish teacher, United States
A former student nominated each winning teacher with a short written or video essay. A panel of judges evaluated all the submissions and selected the above winners based on how they exemplified the following traits:
- Displayed excellent leadership qualities
- Encouraged students to explore and create
- Inspired critical thinking among students
- Prioritized the individual needs of each learner
- Gave successful direction to students’ future plans
- Motivated students toward positive ways of thinking and living
- Developed problem solving skills and attitudes in students.
In addition to receiving a 2015 Cann Award, each teacher selected a charity to receive a $2,500 donation from Promethean.
To learn more about The Cann Awards and the 2015 award winners, visit www.TheCannAwards.com.