Last week, CoSN (the Consortium for School Networking) honored education technology champions at the organization’s 2018 Annual Conference in Washington, DC. The individuals and teams were awarded for their efforts in advancing innovative, personalized learning settings in K-12 education technology.
Themed “Exponential Change,” the four-day global conference addressed how new, rapidly changing technologies are shaping education and society as a whole in the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
The winners of CoSN’s awards were:
- District Team Leadership Award: St. Vrain Valley School District (CO)
- Community Leadership Award for Digital Equity:Beaverton School District (OR)
- Excellence in Public Service Award:Governor Doug Ducey (R-AZ) and Governor Steve Bullock (D-MT)
- Hurley Private Sector Champion Award:Michael (Gus) Schmedlen, Vice President, Worldwide Education, Hewlett-Packard
- Volunteer of the Year Award:Frankie Jackson, CETL, Chief Technology Officer, Cypress-Fairbanks ISD (TX)
- Partnerships That Matter Award:Alliance for Excellent Education
- Seymour Papert Lifetime Achievement Award:Darryl LaGace (awarded posthumously)