- No registration, account setup, or sign in required
- No installation or software updates
- Free to use
- Works on Chromebooks, iPads, Macs, Windows, and all other devices
- No distracting ads or video content
- Works with YouTube, Google Drive, and more
- Simple: Every tool on Kapwing is designed for someone with no video editing experience.
- Meme maker: Add a text caption above and/or below a video
- Montage maker: Combine multiple images and video clips into a continuous video
- Subtitle maker: Type and time out any text to overlay on top of a video
- Sound effects editor: Add fun sounds from a library of effects
- Filters: Adjust the color and lighting
- Loop: Make a clip longer by playing it on repeat
- Trim: Shorten a video to a specified time
- Stop motion: With an existing video, add a stop motion “effect”
- Resizer: Crop or fit your videos to the perfect aspect ratio for different social media channels.
- Make visual flashcards acting out new vocabulary words
- Trim video clips from the movie version of a novel your class is reading to see a scene from a different perspective.
- Find GIFs to summarize the feelings of a specific character or moment.
- Use grayscale and high-contrast filters to add drama to students’ dramatic reenactments or poetry recitations.
- Use subtitles to add narrative or summary to a silent film
Science and Math
- Add sound effects to annotate a chemical reaction or molecular process
- Increase contrast to make a whiteboard video easier to see
- Add captions with important vocabulary, formulas, or takeaways
- Add a stop motion effect to a video of an experiment to emphasize the transformation
- Loop a very short video on repeat to show a specific animation, graphic, or animation on repeat
- Add a sepia, fade, or grayscale filter to make a student skit seem historical
- Subtitle historical foreign speeches in your student’s native language
- Label important pieces of art and music with the work’s title and artist
- Use contemporary GIFs or images to make a particular historical moment more memorable and relatable for students
- Show clips of cultural festivals and interviews to show how history affects modern life
Source: Kapwing: The video editor for classrooms by Julia Enthoven