IMS Global Learning Consortium announced the winners of its annual awards during the Learning Impact Leadership Institute in Baltimore, Maryland.Beatriz Arnillas, senior educational advisor, itslearning (formerly the director of education technology at Houston Independent School District), and Lenny Schad, chief technology information officer, Houston Independent School District were awarded the 2018 William H. (Bill) Graves Leadership Award.
"Beatriz and Lenny envisioned and guided the development and implementation of an integrated digital ecosystem at Houston ISD that enables personalized learning for all students and has been used as a model by K-12 districts across the country." said Dr. Rob Abel, chief executive officer, IMS Global Learning Consortium.
In addition to the Bill Graves Leadership Award, IMS announced the winners of this year's Learning Impact Awards program, which recognizes outstanding, innovative applications of technology at an educational institution to support and improve learning based on evidence of impact.
Out of the 26 finalists, eight medalists were selected for their outstanding achievement:
- Blackboard Ally — Blackboard (Video, Paper)
- Georgia Virtual Total Learning Architecture — PCG Education and Georgia Department of Education (Video, Paper)
2018 Gold Medals
- Developing Learners' Soft Skills With YouSeeU — YouSeeU (Video, Paper)
- Supporting the Selection of Quality Digital Resources: HISD App Toolbox — Houston Independent School District Education Technology (Video, Paper)
2018 Silver Medals
- Maplesoft Online Learning Courseware at University of Waterloo — Maplesoft and the University of Waterloo (Video, Paper)
- TAO Assessment Platform in New York City DOE — Open Assessment Technologies and New York City DOE (Video, Paper)
2018 Bronze Medals
- IM Road Safety Savvy — Infocomm Media Development Authority of Singapore, Singapore Road Safety Council, Singapore Police Force and FXMedia Singapore Pte Ltd(Video, Paper)
- Using LMS Interoperability to Power and Drive Student-Centered Learning — itslearning and Metropolitan School District of Wayne Township (Video, Paper)
An analysis of the 2018 winning projects will be presented in the annual Learning Impact Report to be released in the fall. Nominations for the 2019 competition will open in January.