The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) is beginning enrollment today for ISTE U, an online professional learning hub for teachers and leaders to build critical skills for teaching and learning in a digital world.
[What’s New: New Tools for Schools]
ISTE partnered with D2L to use the BrightSpace learning management system (LMS) to power ISTE U.
ISTE U will launch with these courses:
● Taking Mobile Learning to the Next Level.
● Artificial Intelligence Explorations and Their Practical Use in Schools
● Digital Citizenship in Action.
● Introduction to Computational Thinking for Every Educator, developed with support from Google.
● Exploring Future Ready Librarianship: Practices for the Emerging Leader, developed in collaboration with Future Ready Librarians™ and with support from Follett.
● Exploring the Why and What of Personalized Learning, developed in collaboration with LEAP Innovations.
● Selecting the Right Tech Solutions for Your Classroom, developed in collaboration with Mathematica.
● Best Practices in Open Education Resources, developed in collaboration with iLearn Collaborative.
● Learning Differences I: Understanding Learning Differences, developed in collaboration with The FridayInstitute.
● Learning Differences II: Unpacking Learning Differences, developed in collaboration with The FridayInstitute.
● Taking the Lead to Support Innovative Instructional Models, developed in collaboration with Highlander Institute.
ISTE will expand the online learning opportunities over time with additional courses and partners. ISTE U courses are eligible for graduate-level credit at an additional fee through a partnership with Dominican University of California.