Jamf, the standard in Apple ecosystem management, today announced two new apps created to power shared-use deployments – Jamf Setup and Jamf Reset. These apps make it simple to use a single device to support multiple customized use cases.
iPad and iPhone devices are increasingly being put in the hands of students, educators and administrators. By leveraging the power of Jamf Pro, including Smart Groups, Jamf Setup can be used to provision the device for the exact needs of the current user. This includes apps, wallpaper, Home screen layout, restrictions and more. IT admins can then distribute devices and let users configure the devices themselves through Jamf Setup, without interacting with IT. Jamf Setup will then communicate that selection back to Jamf Pro.
Jamf Setup offers:
- A shared device for any workflow – Jamf Setup gives a new option between generic configurations and Apple’s Shared iPad.
- User-selected configuration – Jamf Setup creates an intuitive way for end users to receive relevant apps and settings – no IT involvement required.
- No cart or login needed – Users do not need a username or password, software or another directory service. This enables one-time guest use.
Jamf Reset enables a simplified and secure reset workflow. After using a device for its intended use, a user can initiate a complete wipe and be confident their data is securely erased.
Jamf Reset allows:
- A simplified reset – does not need additional integrations or warehouse re-provisioning.
- A user-initiated wipe – allows users to digitally sanitize devices, with Home screen access to wipe the device.
- No cart or IT interaction required – creates an over-the-air workflow with no additional hardware required.
The Jamf Setup and Reset apps are available only for current Jamf Pro customers and will be available on the App Store.