The Ohio Department of Education (ODE) recently approved Curriculum Associates’ i-Ready® Diagnostic for five separate assessment uses for the 2019–2020 school year. i-Ready Diagnostic is part of the i-Ready online diagnostic and instructional program.
The ODE approved i-Ready Diagnostic in the following five categories:
- Comparable Assessment to Ohio’s Diagnostic Assessments for the Third Grade Reading Guarantee
- Alternative Standardized Assessment for Third Grade Reading
- Teacher and Principal Evaluation for Grades K–3
- Identification of Gifted Students for Grades 2–8
- Prescreening of Gifted Students for Grades 2–8
Thousands of educators across Ohio already use i-Ready Diagnostic for more than 120,000 students. “Since the time we have incorporated i-Ready, our students have shown an increase in their performance and our teachers are thrilled,” said Superintendent Tom Yazvac of Springfield Local Schools in New Middleton, Ohio. “Student scores have clearly demonstrated that i-Ready works.”