Tis’ the season for students to express gratitude and care for others by creating and sending greetings. Students can craft messages for their peers, family members, teachers, and school staff. Students can also participate in digital greeting exchanges with students in other cities or countries. Another idea is to connect with local organizations that will deliver greetings to vets, deployed troops, hospital patients, first responders, homeless shelters, or firefighters. Creating and sending greetings teaches students kindness and compassion as well as enhances their writing skills. Students also enhance their knowledge of using a digital tool to layout, design, edit, and publish a personalized creation. Check out the free web tools and apps below to discover free web tools, apps, and resources to get students started!
Tools, Apps, and Resources to Create and Send Greetings
- Buncee (web/iOS)- Teachers can create a free account for 30 days and create logins and passwords for each student. Students can create and send incredible digital greetings or print them. To save time students can edit one of the several templates or create their own from scratch by choosing from a free library of stickers, animations, stock images, videos, backgrounds, fonts, frames and more. Students can also participate in the project, Holiday Hugs from Buncee, and create Buncees for children who will be spending their holidays in a hospital. Buncee has partnered with children’s hospitals from around the world.
- Canva (web/iOS/Android)- Register for free and access several greeting card templates, beautiful fonts, stickers and icons. Several of the images, stickers and frames need to be purchased, but students can upload images for free.
- Pic-Collage (iOS/Android/Microsoft)- Students can choose from festive backgrounds and add photos, text, and stickers.
- Sincerely Ink (web/iOS/Android)- Students choose from professional greeting card templates, can upload their own photos, and add text.
- Chatterpix for Kids (iOS)-Students will have a ton of fun uploading an image and making it talk. Students record an audio greeting then decorate the image with holiday stickers and frames.
- Magisto (iOS/Android)- Students create an animated video greeting with uploaded photos and can choose music from their library. Students can also work from one of the holiday templates.
- Design Wizard-a simple online graphic design tool for creating digital greetings with templates.
To thank you for your sharing, friendship and support over the years I am sharing free resources, web tools and apps for 25 days in my Digital December STEM Advent Calendar. Just click on the calendar below and a post will appear for that day. NOTE! The post will not appear until that day.
cross posted at teacherrebootcamp.com
Shelly Terrell is a Technology and Computer teacher, education consultant, and author of books including Hacking Digital Learning Strategies: 10 Ways to Launch EdTech Missions in Your Classroom. Read more at teacherrebootcamp.com.