A real-time roundup of recent promises and practicalities for the county’s largest edtech initiative and what it may mean for your school district.
School CIO: How To Build a Platform for Any Device
By Carl Fahle
As school leaders struggle with managing the technology evolution, how can we become comfortable enough to allow any device into the classroom? Mechanisms that provide a “scaffold” approach can help districts to move toward a device-agnostic environment.
From Gotcha to Understanding: Next-Generation Teacher Evaluations
By Ellen Ullman
Nothing evokes as much fear in a teacher’s mind as the thought of his or her principal or other administrator popping in on a random day for observation. Here’s a look at three districts that are using technology to turn teacher evaluations into a more positive experience.
DEPARTMENTS & COLUMNS
News & Trends
• Top10 Web Stories
• BLOG BITS
• TOP TWEETS
• The Four Steps of Flipping
• How many of your students have access to the Internet for schoolwork at home?
• Site We Like
• What Does “Tech Ready” Really Mean
• ConnectED Update
• Creative Commons Resources
• Keeping Students Safe Online
• Google Science Fair
• Study Shows Online PD Affects Student Scores
• From the Web: Apps of the Day from Techlearning.com
•WLAN for a Massive 1:1 Learning Initiative