- Develop a professional development subcommittee as part of the school technology committee.
- Demonstrate some examples of how technology can be used in the classroom.
- Use multiple needs assessment instruments that follow the NETS Teacher Technology Standards (ISTE http://cnets.iste.org) and that identify comfort level and attitude about technology, basic technology use, and level of integration.
- Design individual learning plans (ILP) compiled from the data collected from each teacher.
- Identify the leaders at your site who can provide expertise.
- Create a list of on-site learning opportunities with goals, objectives and outcomes.
- Share a list of off-site and online learning opportunities.
- Build in time for grade-level or department meetings to plan and correlate standards with technology, develop activities, projects and lessons that include technology, classroom management strategies, and assessment instruments.
- At staff meetings, share successes as well as expectations not met.
- Continue with ongoing planning and re-evaluating where you are and where you want to be.
For more information, go to http://www.my-ecoach.com/resources/tensteps.html
Submitted by:Barbara Bray
Next Tip: Creating a Mentor Program