Here's a list of what I believe are the top ten professional development tips:
- Create a coaching and mentoring program
- Help teachers become part of an online learning community.
- Know the difference between coaching and training and when to use each.
- Facilitate design of individual learning plans for your teachers.
- Create an action plan from priorities developed from the individual learning plans.
- Substitute the word "and" for "but" whenever possible.
- Offer "breakfast or lunch with you" for a short coaching session on what the teacher needs to learn.
- Create web sites of resources and projects that support your teachers, the standards, and what students need to know.
- Select the right people as mentors: curriculum specialists with some technology expertise and good people skills.
- Co-author or facilitate design of rich curriculum resources and just-in-time resources.
Submitted by:Barbara Bray
Next Tip: 10 Tips of What Not to Do