In our digital world we are constantly exposed to media. But why not use this media to give your students a voice, even bring back the days of "Fireside Chats." Show your teachers how, with a microphone and some simple software, to let their students try their hand at Podcasting.
- If you are not sure what Podcasting is or need a good explanation, you can send your teachers to Wikipedia’s article on Podcasting or the Beginner’s Guide to Podcast Creation
- For a good online step-by-step tutorial, go to Create Podcasts
Classroom ideas for podcasting:
- Weekly news broadcast
- Field trip documentation
- Recordings of class discussions
- Book reviews and interviews
- Public Service Announcements
For more information and some collections of classroom podcasts go to our Web Resource list Podcast.
Submitted by:Gayle Cantrell and Carmen Marty
Cluster Instructional Specialists
eMINTS National Center
Columbia , MO
Next Tip: Eight Rules of Effective Podcasting