Okay — the school year has just started. You have met with your professional development team. You did a complete needs analysis to determine what your teachers and administrators need. You have set up workshops, coaching opportunities, and online courses. Now all you need are participants.
- Schedule time on the agenda at principalsâ€™, curriculum, technology leadersâ€™, faculty, and department meetings to present the list of professional development opportunities.
- Create an area on the school and district Website to list the opportunities with descriptions, dates, times, place, facilitator, contact information, costs, supplies, etc.
- Provide an online database with login so participants can sign up using the Internet.
- Create one flyer with a list of all the opportunities and ask a site representative to put one in each teacherâ€™s box.
- If a workshop has room available, create a special flyer to distribute at school and district meetings.
- Offer coaching before and after school with a sign up list. You can even offer â€œBreakfast withâ€¦â�� sessions and bring some bagels or such for your participants.
- If you have a closed circuit TV system, you can do a Public Service Announcement about the PD program and what is available.
Submitted by:Barbara Bray
Next Tip: Making Flyers in No Time at All