This week, Google showcases its Chromebooks designed for education at BETT 2019, booth C230.
- Google is launching more devices for education, with 25+ new devices in 2019. Choose from tablets like the Asus Chromebook Tablet CT100, convertibles like the Acer Chromebook Spin 512 with a 3:2 screen ratio for a taller display to see more content, the Lenovo 300e Chromebook, and clamshells like the Dell Chromebook 3400. Educators are turning to devices like the Google Pixel Slate, Pixelbook and HP Chromebook x360 14.
- Explore built-in security and accessibility features: Customize security settings with multi-layered security, automatic updates, individual profiles and data protection. Learn more about customizing settings in G Suite and on Chromebooks to support all learners—including those with visual aids, auditory aids and more.
- Plan with Classroom and Course Kit: In addition to the new Classwork page, Classroom has a refreshed look and feel. And if you use G Suite but a different LMS, you can now use Course Kit, a free toolkit that incorporates G Suite into your existing LMS.
- Collaborate with Jamboard: Create, edit, and view Jams (a “Jam” is a collaborative whiteboard space) on your Chromebook or from a Chrome browser with Jamboard or the Jamboard app.
- Sign up for the locked mode and Gradebook betas: On managed Chromebooks, locked mode prevents students from browsing away from the Quiz until they submit their answers. The new Gradebook in Google Classroom lets you check grades, see average grades by student or assignment, and choose to calculate grades by weighted average or total points-based.
- Learn with the Teacher Center: Google has added new trainings on Jamboard, CS First, Applied Digital Skills and Science Journal.
- Engage with the education community: Coming soon, an updated Google for Education Directory can help you find a local expert to assist a school in any number of areas including teacher trainings, transformation support and advice from other schools.
Source: Choose your own adventure with 13 Google for Education tools. Visit the Google Education blog for more updates