Back to school used to bring images of blackboards, chalk, pencils and paper to mind. But now, with the influence of technology in the K12 classroom, a more up-to-date image would have to include sophisticated teaching tools like interactive white boards, tablet computers, e-readers, and PCs. Logicalis US, an international IT solutions and managed services provider (www.us.logicalis.com) experienced with K12/E-Rate, has created an infographic using statistics from two recent surveys that show the importance of technology in today's K12 classroom.
- 74% of teachers say technology enables them to reinforce and expand on content.
- 74% of teachers that say technology helps them motivate students to learn.
- 68% of teachers express a desire for more classroom technology.
- 65% of teachers claim technology allows them to demonstrate something they cannot show in any other way.
- 43% of teachers in AP/NWP classrooms report that their students use tablet computers to complete assignments.