Sometime ago I shared a tip about finding real people from the Get Human database. I had some problems with tech support recently and went back to this list and got some more tips that I thought you would like.
This is the place where you can go to bypass all the press #1 for English or #2 for Spanish and on and on. I was in a loop when I tried to just get the hours open for a bank. Frustrating!
What I learned from this site is to press 0 or # at each prompt ignoring the message depending on the company to finally get a human to talk to. I also found out that if you say "direct to human", you get a real person.
Get Human IVR means interactive voice response and Get Human explains the difference between good and bad ivr plus gives you specific information on how to deal with your company on the phone.
Go directly to their Get Human database to the company you are concerned with. They have some general tips to get to a live human if your company is not listed:
- Interrupt. Press 0 (or 0# or #0 or 0* or *0) repeatedly, sometimes quickly.
- Talk. Say "get human" (or "agent" or "representative") or raise your voice, or just mumble. :)
- Just hold, pretending you have only an old rotary phone.
- Connect to account collections or sales or account cancellation; they always seem to answer quickly. First ask them for their name and rep number. Then ask them to transfer you to the department you need. Sometimes this works - sometimes they put you at the end of the queue.
- Toll call. Call the non-toll-free number if the wait time on the toll free number is too long.
Spell with Flickr