Here’s a few shortcuts that I cannot live without:
- Ctrl + Z to undo the last thing I might have done. Sometimes I will tell my students or teachers to do a Ctrl + A to highlight the whole page. Then press Delete to clear the screen. They start to panic, but relax when I show them that Ctrl + Z brings everything back.
- Ctrl + F is another good one to find something/search on a page.
- Ctrl + F 7 is good for finding a synonym for another word.
- Ctrl + right arrow to jump one word at a time around your document. (Open Apple + right arrow for Macs)
- Ctrl+ Home to go to the top of the document
- Ctrl + End to go to the end of a document
- Home to go to the front of the line you are on
- End to go to the end of the line you are on.
Submitted by:Patricia Bailey
Next Tip: Making a Scrap File