LearningStation recently announced the results of a customer survey that asked K-12 teachers and administrators to share their views of assessment, achievement and technology in the classroom. Survey participants used LearningStation's LS Test Builder to improve assessment scores. The software allows teachers to create tests using custom, district or state-released practice questions and to save and share their tests with teachers nationwide. Test Builder also provides students with study guides for core subjects, a safe online environment for testing, and the option to self-test for practice. Key findings were as follows:
• 98% of school and district-level administrators said formative assessment is important in their schools.
• 96% of administrators said it is important to gather and analyze formative assessment data online.
• 89% of teachers said formative assessment is important in their classrooms
• 79% of teachers use LS Test Builder to conduct standardized assessments at least once a month
• There was a 20% increase in administrators reporting a positive impact on student achievement through the use of LS Test Builder compared to results from previous years