Lenovo announced today the ThinkPad X130e laptop, equipped with choices of the latest Intel or AMD processors and integrated graphics as well as wireless connectivity and multimedia tools. Designed to be handled by kids, the ThinkPad X130e has a reinforced and extra durable top cover, keyboard and hinges.
The 11.6-inch lightweight ultraportable weighs less then four pounds and offers choices of AMD Fusion E-300 and E-450 or Intel second generation Core i3-2367M ULV processors and AMD Radeon or Intel HD-powered graphics.
To help school-proof them, the X130e has several heavy-duty features including:
- A top cover rubber bumper to absorb impacts to the side of the laptop
- 33 percent stronger corner to reduce the chance of damage when dropped at an angle
- Stronger hinges to outlast even the most frequent PC user at up to 30,000 cycles
- Reinforced and recessed ports to decrease the effects of student “wear and tear”
- Stronger Bezel with 1.2mm thick plastic to protect the LED panel
The ThinkPad X130e laptop will be available starting Dec. 20 from business partners and on www.lenovo.com. Pricing for models starts at $469.