- Each player picks 9 letters
- There is a four-letter minimum for each word
- Dictionaries are permitted
- Students may help each other when necessary.
- Take a digital photograph of your game board. Print the photo and make four copies.
- Two students will handle clues and number the words going down while two students do the same for words going across. Clues must be a variety of analogies, synonyms, antonyms, definitions, parts of speech, homophones, fill in the blanks, etcâ€¦
- Type and print out the clues. The group will review and revise them as necessary.
- Create a table in Microsoft Word outlining the crossword puzzle. Create one blank table and another with answers. Note: to blacken-in an individual cell go to Table — Table Properties and click on the â€œtableâ€ tab. Click on â€œBorders and Shadingâ€ and select black or gray. Be sure to select â€œApply to cell,â€ otherwise the entire table will be black or gray. Youâ€™ll have to do this for each cell that is to be â€˜a blank.â€™
Click Here for WORD .doc file: Scrabble Game and Answers
Students were so proud of their work that they decided to print several copies and sell them at graduation as a class fundraiser!
Email: Mariana Monge