During the school year, we have little time to reflect on our work. Reflection is a necessary activity if we are to improve our practice. As professional developers, we need to take time to look back at how the year went, what happened, what we learned, and use this information to predict what will happen in the coming year. Use the time you have before school starts to:
- Review evaluations and any feedback.
- Share with someone on your team or another professional developer a successful session.
- Share a session that was not as successful.
- Determine the variables that affected the success of the workshop.
- Write your reflections on how you will use this information to drive your practice in the coming year.
Submitted by:Barbara Bray
Next Tip: Personal Reflective Journals