All of us have a bag of tricks that we have used for years. However, if you have not been in the classroom for sometime, you may want to review what you are doing. Just because it worked for you in the past, it may not work now or in the future.
- Ask yourself â€œWhy am I doing things this way?â€
- Visit some of your teachersâ€™ classrooms to observe their classroom management techniques and their teaching practices.
- Interview several exemplary teachers to get input on what their needs are, how professional development can meet those needs, and examples of professional development that were successful for them and why.
- Ask a colleague or two to become your critical friends and provide input to help determine if what you are doing is working.
- Work with your critical friends to design new activities based on what you have learned youâ€™ll need to do differently.
Submitted by:Barbara Bray
Image from:My eCoach eLibrary